Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The Pool Slide is up

1. Back To Top    #1

The Pool Slide is up

I did this over the weekend. My wife found the slide at a yard sale, it is a playground slide. I attached it to our old pool ladder. I cut the sides of the slide back enough so it would hang over the top step on the ladder, then attached it to the ladder with stainless carriage bolts. I put stainless screws through the ladder legs into the bottom step on each leg, then screwed the ladder to the deck through the bottom step. It is surprisingly solid.

the base of the slide. I will wrap the 2x construction with PVC trim to make it look a little spiffier.

27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The Pool Slide is up

Nice job crokett How does it work?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I think i"d start looking at that perforated drip irrigation tubing to fasten to the side rails next.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

It works just fine. The kids are wet enough from swimming that I don't need to add any water to it. They did discover that if the slide is dry, they should get wet before they try and slide down it.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

5. Back To Top    #5

When I was young we found out that going down the slide on your bare butt gave a nice boost! But of course it had a constant stream of water, I've often thought a daily coating of PAM would probably add a nice glide.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]