Hayward in line chlorinator leaking

I am new to this site so forgive me if this has been asked before but anyone know the life time of an average chlorinator? Mine is leaking like crazy since the beginning of the season. We have replaced the o-ring a few weeks ago and it still leaks. I check to make sure nothing was plugged. Could it really be something as simple as cleaning the lid and top of the chlorinator or could the chlorinator just be shot after 7 years???? I have a Hayward Chlorine feeder model no cl220
Thanks!!
Sarah

I see two issues here. The leak and that most people in this forum only use liquid chlorine to maintain their pools.

You can try cleaning the lid. The threads should be free of any debris or scale. Do you have any photos?

If you are willing to convert to the methods recommended in the PoolSchool here, you may find you get clearer water, for less money, if you removed the chlorinator and only used liquid chlorine (aka bleach).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.