Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Would love to hear some other opinions...

1. Back To Top    #1

Would love to hear some other opinions...

Pool has been up and running since mid May, all tests look good and the water is still cloudy. This lady is at her wits end this year because I can't seem to create some totally clear water all the way down to the bottom. What that means is the water is clear on top but at about 6-8 inches below the surface it becomes cloudy but the bottom is still visible from the surface. I have tried algaecide without copper thinking it might be an algae bloom without any benefit, kept the FC at 25 for 3 days and still have the same result. I'm using a FAS-DPD test kit and the results are shown below. Hoping to find some other opinions on what I can try next... I am in dire need of some clear water here in Kentucky...thoughts anyone?

CH-is purple dots-fading endpoint
    12,500 Gal, AG, Hayward Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Would love to hear some other opinions...

Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE to your signature as it will help us help you.

What kind of filter do you have?
    Were you following the Shocking Your Pool PROCESS? Did you pass the 3 criteria to stop (obviously not since the water is still cloudy), specifically the OCLT?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry I forgot to include the pool details = 12,500gal, 24' Round AG, Hayward Sand Filter bought new last year.

Outskirts of Louisville, Ky

I did follow the Shocking you pool process but can't get the water clear part. I maintained the FC at 20 for 3 days and the loss at less that 1ppm for those days but the water is still cloudy and I can't figure out why. With it being a sand filter (slower to process) I'm wondering if I should have maintained the shock level for more days? Thanks for any suggestions.
    12,500 Gal, AG, Hayward Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Dallas, TX

When I had to shock my pool (the previous home owner was nice enough to stop maintaining the pool the minute we signed the bottom line), it took 2 weeks to clear the cloudiness out of my pool.

This might help you (it did me), just keep an eye on your pressures if you do this.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5
    SouthWest Alabama

Have you thought about trying some DE in your filter?

Dangit Robbie, you stole my thunder!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit