The Pool Is Getting Shocked Tonight

:shock:

Shocking is gonna have to wait. We've had a lot of rain so I was pumping to waste earlier. One of my kids distracted me, then I found the frogs in the pool. I remembered to shut the pump off, but did not remember to set the valve back to filter, so when the timer kicked the pump on I lost 1.5" of water. I am filling it back up now, will have to recheck salt, CYA etc tomorrow.

I love it when it rains just enough to keep me from adding city water. Despite all of this rain moving up the coast my water level is still a bit low.

I might have you beat for doing dumb stuff. I don't "close" my pool for winter. One evening I cleaned out leaves from the pump basket (same pump as you have/ 1 HP)...I forgot to open my 2 valves afterwards. I had my timer set to run the pump for 30 minutes every 2 hours during a cold spell. D'OH. I bet the pump didn't like trying to suck air. Thank you thermal protection. The pump didn't suffer any noticeable damage.

harleysilo said:
I wouldn't shock for a couple dead frogs.....

I wouldn't either. Bird Crud (hey, it happens to the best of us :x ) is probably worse?? ...and happens everyday.

I didn't know "that" was a bad word here. :oops:

Then do not intentionally circumvent the system with symbols. jblizzle

I'm sorry. It was my humorous attempt at indicating that I hadn't typed the S word.

DaneCE said:
harleysilo said:

I wouldn't either. Bird **** (hey, it happens to the best of us :x ) is probably worse?? ...and happens everyday.

I'm sorry. It was my humorous attempt at indicating that I hadn't typed the S word.
I have a beef with the intentional circumvent comment, by using symbols we are attempting to not type a bad word. We are not going to intionally type the bad word because we know its a family forum. As my kids would say duh!

harleysilo said:
DaneCE said:
harleysilo said:

I wouldn't either. Bird **** (hey, it happens to the best of us :x ) is probably worse?? ...and happens everyday.

I have a beef with the intentional circumvent comment, by using symbols we are attempting to not type a bad word. We are not going to intionally type the bad word because we know its a family forum. As my kids would say duh!

In this case, the symbols were used between each letter ... so the w-o-r-d was clearly visible. Now a majority of the members would not consider the C word used here to be inappropriate. But the filter is pretty strict to remove words that anyone has ever reported as questionable. Then again just replacing the S with a $ in the S word does not confuse even the most naive kid, so why do it {again this was not the case here}.

If anyone would like to discuss this further, PM the mods or admin.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
crokett said:
harleysilo said:

I wouldn't either but I had orders to do so. :-D Basically "I am not letting the kids back in the pool until you shock it". I shouldn't have told her about the frogs.
So go dump a quart in and make some movement with the tester and announce no one can get in until tomorrow because the chlorine level is way high. Done.

Sorry that was a poor attempt at humor. Shocking the pool wasn't really necessary, but it doesn't take much and doesn't hurt anything. Her reaction is also mildly amusing. At least it wasn't a mouse. If it were, I'd be draining the pool and then refilling it. :eek:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.