For the past two years we have not been able to keep any chlorine in our pool for more then 30 mins. Prior to that we used very little chlorine because the cover keeps the level up.
We have already added 20 shock doses in the past month. We shocked it ten times in one day. This amount lasted less then an hour.
Water is always crystal clear. We have never had an algae problem ever.
What is the deal with the chlorine? Do we just keep pouring shock in? Can we do it all at once or do we need to space it out?
We've tested it with 4 different testers and the water analysis below is from the pool store and matches our results.