Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much CYA in pucks

1. Back To Top    #1

How much CYA in pucks

I was reading on here the other day and Chemgeek had posted a post telling how much CYA and clorine was in a 6,7,and 8 oz Puck of Trichlor, but can't find it now I need to raise my CYA from 30 to 70 (SWG install) for a 13000 gal IG, and I have a bucket of Trichlor tablets in the garage, need to know how many pucks to throw in the skimmer

Thanks
    13,000 IG Plaster, 2hp whisperflo pump, 48 sq in pentair DE Filter, 1 skimmer, 2 eyeball outlets, 200 sq ft solar panels on second story, Auto Pilot SWG-36, Polaris ATV Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    It takes 125 oz of trichlor to raise CYA by 40 in 13,000 gallons. Don't add it all at once, as it will also raise FC by 66 and lower the PH dramatically.

You can use my Pool Calculator to figure out things like this. Play with the Effects of adding chemicals section towards the bottom.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks Jason,

Never even noticed the drop down menu for all the different chems, thanks
    13,000 IG Plaster, 2hp whisperflo pump, 48 sq in pentair DE Filter, 1 skimmer, 2 eyeball outlets, 200 sq ft solar panels on second story, Auto Pilot SWG-36, Polaris ATV Cleaner