Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex AGP and water temp

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex AGP and water temp

Ok I'm not sure what is going on and need some input. had pool up for about two weeks now. First week rained a lot, now this week sun is out for 4 days in a row , with solar blanket on yesterday temp went up to 82 at 4:30pm then I went in at 7:30pm and it felt really cold looked at temp an it read 75! wth! what is going on? it didn't drop that fast last yr ever! we got out put cover back on and this morning it is 72. Not a happy camper with temps like this and its been in the 80s all week here during the day. is this normal?
    Above Ground Intex 18'X9'X54" Ultra frame rectangular Pool. Intex filter pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System. Solar Pool Cover.Eco Saver 20-Foot Solar Heating Panel System.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex AGP and water temp

Do you leave the solar blanket on at night? What's the humidity there? Temperature drops overnight are caused by evaporation. The primary purpose of the solar blanket is to prevent evaporation and the resulting temperature drop, so you should leave it on overnight. Low humidity will also encourage evaporation.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex AGP and water temp

Yes we keep cover on over night and this week its been low humidity. I ordered the Eco Saver 20-Foot Solar Heating Panel System today and I hope that will solve our cold pool problem.
    Above Ground Intex 18'X9'X54" Ultra frame rectangular Pool. Intex filter pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System. Solar Pool Cover.Eco Saver 20-Foot Solar Heating Panel System.