Purchasing a new AG 30Ft Round Pool need help

We are purchasing a 30ft 54 inch round AG pool, Sentinelle by Aqua. The pool package comes with the Jacuzzi Magnum 1hp pump and 19inch 200lb sand filter. This is our first pool and I don't know much, but I have been researching and reading a lot of this forum. The company said we can upgrade to a 1 1/2 hp, but we can only get the 19' filter. I looked at specs and it should be able to filter all the water within an 8 hour period.
1st Is this a decent AB pool
2nd Is the pump and filter in this package a good match for this size pool? Should we upgrade to 1 1/2 hp.
3rd Or should we just purchase the filter and pump out of the package if so what do you suggest?

The other choice pool would be the Aqua Morada?

Any comments and help quickly would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

30ft 54in AG Sentinelle, Southern Illinois.

Most folks here are going to recommend a 2 speed pump if you can, but the 1 horsepower size is just fine. I can almost guarantee you that everyone here will recommend a larger sand filter. That's a whole lotta water to filter and clear if need be. I'd say at least a 24" 300 lb. sand filter. Welcome!

As in the recommendation to get a 24" filter at minimum. Where in they all seem to top out at around 3.2sqft, at least all the ones I have found.
3.2sqft being a bit too small according to Mark's table from the ANSI/NSF 50 spec for public pools.

24" is a bit smaller than the recommended size and that's partly why I said minimum. However the price difference between a 24" or 26" filter and a 30" filter (which is the next bigger size) is pretty significant. I don't think the filtering ability outweighs the cost difference in this case.

Just trying to be realistic in my suggestions. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, I would suggest you stop looking at combo units. Looks for a 1HP 2-speed pump and a separate sand filter 24+" diameter.

That 1.5HP is going to be an energy hog and much larger than you need ... coupled with a filter that is smaller than we recommend. Thus, usually find a better setup by purchasing equipment separately.

EDIT: y_not, you are right the table would suggest a 27" filter, but with a shorter season and taking cost differential into account, the 24" is plenty.

Our resident pump and plumbing expert, Mark, has been helping me determine what pump to buy for my new setup. See Sig.
We have landed on these.
Waterway Supreme 3/4hp AGP Pump
This one will handle solar and is a bit of a bigger pump than the Hayward. Its max amps are a bit less than the Hayward. All Waterway pumps have a 3 yr/2 yr warranty. The 1st being the wet head and the 2nd shorter warr. being the motor.

Waterway Hi-Flo 1hp 2-speed AGP pump
This one is great, so long as you don't need solar on the roof. Same motor as the one above. Mark says that overall it'll draw less power than the one above, even though they both have the exact same motor. The reason being that the Supreme is equipped with a higher volume wet head, thus more load and higher amp draw on the higher volume pump of the 2, the Waterway Supreme.

Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix 1hp AGP Pump 2-Speed
This is an oft used pump by TFP members /w AGPs. It does cost more than the above Waterway options and only has a 1yr warr. But it is a more common name.
You can get it cheaper through the Amazon Warehouse under more buying options.

I meant that walls were not resin, they are steel.

I went with a 21 as it was the "demo" pool at the dealer. They gave me a good deal on and it fit into my yard. After owning for as many years as I have, I wonder if I did get a bigger pool, would I have added a "deep" end (area).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.