Issues with the water out of our hose

May 29, 2013
Swisher, Iowa
I just tested the plain water coming out of our hose and here are the numbers. Not good. Its rural well water. What should i or can I do to get some better water? Use the water coming out of our watersoftener?

TA-430
CL-0
CH-370
PH-6.8
CL-0

ok Drained the spa and refilled with the hose water, Remembering I tested the water out of the hose at
TA-430
BR-0
CH-370
ph-6.8
CL-0
I refilled, added 3 tablespoons of bromine concentrate and two tablespoons of oxyShock, ran the jets on for about two hours and retested the water.
TA-330
BR-10ppm
CH-290
PH-7.8
CL-5
I am wondering if I should add muratic to drop the ph back down to 7.0 and run the jets for another couple hours to work on bringing the TA down? What do you think my next steps should be?

Got the TA down to 240, and I am still doing the MA to lower the PH and then run the jets to up the PH. I took my bromine floater out because my Bromine levels are still around a 12, How do I lower the bromine levels? Just keep running the jets?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.