Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Issues with the water out of our hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Issues with the water out of our hose

I just tested the plain water coming out of our hose and here are the numbers. Not good. Its rural well water. What should i or can I do to get some better water? Use the water coming out of our watersoftener?

TA-430
    CL-0
    CH-370
    PH-6.8
    CL-0
    Retired Navy Chief (CTOC)
    21ft round 4ft AG 9367 gallons, floater with pucks as needed, Waterway PB 19inch Sand, Waterway PB 1hp SPL (not sure of type), Rheem LP Heater, Hayward Aqua bug, Aqua Luminator Light. Located in Iowa.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Issues with the water out of our hose

I would test it coming out of the softener and see what the numbers look like.

With a TA of 430 it's going to take a lot of acid. I'm surprised that the pH is that low with the TA that high.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

ok Drained the spa and refilled with the hose water, Remembering I tested the water out of the hose at
    TA-430
    BR-0
    CH-370
    ph-6.8
    CL-0
    I refilled, added 3 tablespoons of bromine concentrate and two tablespoons of oxyShock, ran the jets on for about two hours and retested the water.
    TA-330
    BR-10ppm
    CH-290
    PH-7.8
    CL-5
    I am wondering if I should add muratic to drop the ph back down to 7.0 and run the jets for another couple hours to work on bringing the TA down? What do you think my next steps should be?
    21ft round 4ft AG 9367 gallons, floater with pucks as needed, Waterway PB 19inch Sand, Waterway PB 1hp SPL (not sure of type), Rheem LP Heater, Hayward Aqua bug, Aqua Luminator Light. Located in Iowa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I would lower the pH to about 7 and do as you suggested. I wouldn't let the pH get much about 7.4. With your CH and TA that high you're a candidate for scaling.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

The water from out of the softner has about as high a CH as the hose. so I guess I just get to deal with high CH levels, but I will get the TA down. Thanks!

6. Back To Top    #6

Got the TA down to 240, and I am still doing the MA to lower the PH and then run the jets to up the PH. I took my bromine floater out because my Bromine levels are still around a 12, How do I lower the bromine levels? Just keep running the jets?