Walmart Salt

da-waterboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
Acme PA
I have a NON- swg pool. But am wanting to experiment with getting the salt up to maybe around 2000ppm to start to see what it feels like and/or has any effects on the skin . I noticed Wally World has salt in the pool section. Is this decent to use or should I source elsewhere ?

Current AM test results btw:
FC 6
Cc .5
TC. 6.5
PH 7.2
TA 70
CYA 75ish
CH 100

Just balanced it all out this morn, 70 oz bleach n 45oz borax. Should be good to go for the day from there

Salt test
470ppm

:cheers:

Any salt that is 99.4% pure or better can be used. Water softener salt is a popular choice here. You just don't want salt with a bunch of additives.

The salt Walmart has is good pool salt. I'd check around and see if you can find solar salt cheaper, but if you if you go with the salt at wally world it's good salt.

I notice that your CYA is pretty high for a non-swg pool. Your FC is the lowest you ever want it to be. Is that FC before or after you added the bleach?

Thanks. I'll check for solar salt somewhere , but if I can't locate it then ill use the Walmart salt .

The FC is before adding the bleach. I just got out of shock phase 2 days ago , been waiting for it to drop so I could accurately test (and use my new speedstir :whoot: ) and then balance accordingly. Took almost 2.5 days to drop to that.

I know the cya is kinda high. Been waiting for another partial drain refill period. I did 3 partials at the beginning of the season to get it down . (Was 150+++) .... Since then , about 2.5 weeks ago I have just been maintaining the correct FC levels for the cya level. Been debating on when to do it but may wait till end of season cause we drain about 2500 gallon out for winter isn't and can fix it beginning next season. So far (4 weeks into BBB) I am loving it, learned a lot and am having fun learning more and understanding and being able to play around with the water balance.

Also btw the instructions that come with the tf100 kit says 100 to 120 for TA level for normal pools but the pool calc says 70-90TA level. I have been following the pool calc. Is that correct to do ? Seems the ph swing is very minimal if any , so I figured it was ok ???.?.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.