Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So excited! No more swamp!

1. Back To Top    #1

So excited! No more swamp!

I just wanted to share...

Our settlement date has been pushed back and it's been hurdle after hurdle to buy this house. None of the issues have been on my end, thankfully but it has been stressful nonetheless. It finally looks like all of the issues are being resolved and we are on track to close on July 15th!

... And my test kit was delivered today! Thanks Dave!
    26k-28k enclosed IG rectangular gunite pool, Attached spa, Hayward cartridge filter, 2 HP pump, AC-1500 HP

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: So excited!

Awesome! Almost there!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central Kentucky

Re: So excited!

Did you get closed? Any updates on the pool. I was really interested in seeing this one clean up.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: So excited! No more swamp!

Yep. I closed. I have been meaning to post an update, but I've been so busy with moving and all. The pool has cleaned up pretty nice. well, the water anyways. The rest still needs a bit of work. I was able to go out to the house prior to closing and get the pumps started up & the water topped off. I SLAM'd the pool most of last week and did a lot of vacuuming & brushing, but I was able to go from this:

To this:

We have used the pool a few times & I have gotten the hang of most of the valves, timers, etc. BBB has been great. I need to pick up some stabilizer. My tests all come back as zero.
    26k-28k enclosed IG rectangular gunite pool, Attached spa, Hayward cartridge filter, 2 HP pump, AC-1500 HP

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: So excited! No more swamp!

Wow! What a transformation... and all because the water was so disgusting. Probably in better shape because it was spared outdoor elements? Looks nice and now that it's clean, it brightens the whole room.

Hubby and I have flipped a couple of houses and have a few rentals. We have yet to have had to revive a pool. We've looked at a few with in grounds and Hubby insists they be filled in, but I would enjoy seeing the transformation. Most above grounds, we agree, would be taken down.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.