Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fixing liner pulled away from coping

1. Back To Top    #1

fixing liner pulled away from coping

So I bought a house with a neglected liner that was filthy. I actually got it to look quite respectable and set it into the coping. I started to fill up the pool. I now have two spots where I have a pronounced U shape where the liner was pulled down and out of the coping and there is no wag its going to be pulled up. I tried waiting for a hot day and using both hot water from stove and a hair dryer. I think the liberty may have just lost some elasticity. What I'm looking for are some make shift ideas on how to get around this issue so o can fill the water up to the Skimmer with out it leaking behind my liner. Right now I have a section of pool hose in the Skimmer and submerged so I can filter the water. I think using a liner repair glue and an old cut piece of liner would work but no idea where to get one. The patches sold in repaid kits are two small (I need like two 1.5 foot x 1 foot patches). I was also thinking of putting some ice and water shield on the u shapes. The stuff is really sticky and is meant to repel water off roofs. Let me know all of your ideas. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: fixing liner pulled away from coping

If you could find and installer they might have a piece of liner that's big enough, but I'm not sure it's going to work. It's probably worth a try though.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Do the installers usually have scrap pieces?

4. Back To Top    #4

Above ground installers will usually have some left from overlap installs. There's always some left from skimmer installs but they're not large enough for you.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

OK I'll check around. Thanks for the info

6. Back To Top    #6

Have any pics you can show us?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

I got a cutoff piece from the pool store that was about 12 inch by 4ft long for a tear that I had caused by a sheet of plywood

13500 gallon AG, build late 90's, Hayward S220T sand filter,1Hp aqua coastal
    Gasser BBQ broilmate 155154 LP, Smoker CGK (akorn)