Hello TFP! Starting our first little pool project...

DKT113 said:
Have been wondering how you were coming along ~ looking good!

Gettin stuff done!

I'm bummed though, the pool sand I ordered won't be in till Wednesday and I've already filled the pool and have no pump! I've cut and installed the larger intake and returns so I can't use the old pump either. I added some chlorine according to the pool calc, and just grabbed my skimmer net and ran around the pool to mix it up real well, hopefully that technique will work for a few days.

Last major things to finish:

1) Electrical run out to equipment pad
2) Set Sand Filter & pump & SWG
2) Concrete in the cantilever umbrella

The rest is finish landscaping, get salt into the pool after I get the water dialed as a chlorine pool, solar cover, and buy some pool toys!

Here are more pics of the ladder pad and the garden stepping stones:

Well a lot of work has been done and we had a pool party this weekend to enjoy the finished pool, everyone love our sparkling new pool!! So here are some more pics I snapped along the way:

ran a 20amp GFCI circuit out next to the equipment

(I'll post more finished pics of this setup)

My locked BBB box!

Our little oasis now, cantilever umbrella is perfect!

I've been testing everyday to learn quickly, love my TF-100 and SpeedStir! I bumped up the chlorine to 6ppm before the party and at the end of the day I was at 3.5ppm, added a bit and everything is still clear, sand filter is working great. Current numbers are:

• FC - 5
    pH - 7.7
    TA - 110
    CH - 250
    CYA - 70
    CC- 0

I'm going to take advantage of these splashing kids and work on lowering my TA over the next few weeks.

Things left on my list:

• Solar cover (the water was 81 degrees at the party, little cool as evening came, thinking 85-89 might be more comfortable)
    Pool Light
    Hooks for hand skimmer and brush on the side of the pool (so I can grab them while in the pool)
    "Concrete in" the umbrella (get rid of the large base)
    Add Pool Salt
    Get SWG going

Hey all! Here are a few updates/mods to the pool I've done recently.

I made a few of these out of 1" pvc, some velcro straps and hose clamps. They work great for the hose and solar cover!

A couple of other mods I just finished are the Hayward skimmer and the Intex magnetic pool light. They work awesome!

I'll post the pictures of installing the skimmer in a separate thread, so it will help others out. We are really enjoying the pool, the water has been about 86 degrees in the evening. Enjoying a nice quiet swim under the stars is pretty cool!

Great build! I have the same pump and size pool however a Pro Series pool. I bought it because it came with a skimmer and was $100 less. I look forward to your build thread on how you did set up the skimmer. The Pro Series skimmer seems like it will need a bit of modifying to make it work properly with the Intex pump. I have the Intex B adaptor now but it's just a tempory fix.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.