Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer socks work a skimmer angel?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mint Hill, NC

Skimmer socks work a skimmer angel?

Has anyone figured out a way to use skimmer socks with a skimmer Angel type handle?

I would like to reduce the cottonwood debris from getting into my pump bakery and sand filter.

Sent via Tapatalk...
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer socks work a skimmer angel?

If you put the sock in first, you should be able to put the handle in over the sock. The screws would have to go through the sock.

3. Back To Top    #3

Northville, Mi

Re: Skimmer socks work a skimmer angel?

I was just pondering a similar issue. My basket has a handle that goes across the middle and it has pegs that hold it in place. (here's the basketL

I put the skimmer sock in and then put the handle on, pushing the pegs in place. It didn't actually even put a hole in the sock. As far as the skimmer angel thing, I've got some 1x2 boards laying around here. I'm just going to drill a hole in one and slide the handle through it. It won't be pretty, but it'll end up working just fine for us.

My main point is, like James W said, go right through the skimmer sock. Then if you pull the sock and reuse it, try and line it up so you use the same holes for the skimmer angel.
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4