Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie in WI

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie in WI

Hi folks.
    Like many here i have purchased a house with in ground "Pool".
    In Reality it was a 16x32 opening in the ground that was occupied by frogs and migrating ducks, and i am not talking about the decaying leaves on the bottom from 3 of being empty after foreclosure. The ducks was an easy problem. I started to pull the old liner and have discovered that the Pool base Vermiculite was damaged by frost on the sides.
    I have invited 4 pool service companies to give me an estimate and was a bit shocked in the difference. Being handy i thought i could mix the pool base and trowel it my self but ran in to some resistance from the suppliers. They refuse to install a liner if i fix the bottom. Plus ... the will not sell me Vermiculite.
    What am i doing wrong?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Memphis, TN

Re: Newbie in WI

Well welcome!!! I am new as well to the pool scene! I've no idea how to answer your question, although I'm sure it'd be better placed in another portion of this forum!
    26k IG Vinyl, 2 HP single speed,24" Tagelus Sand, 1.5" pipe, 1 Main, 1 Skimmer, 2 jets, pool built 1983, new vinyl 2014, 36'x18', Deep End 8', The PoolCleaner 4X Suction.
    Pool Math #__# Pool School #__# Best Android App "Pool Pal" Track Your Levels!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Newbie in WI

Thanks.... i don't mind being moved to the right place... I plan on staying for a while