Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: well this is embarrassing, not mustard algae after all

1. Back To Top    #1

well this is embarrassing, not mustard algae after all

Opps, treated the pool, again and again, for yellow algae, but just figured out tonight most of the yellow/green stuff on
    the East side of the pool is not algae, but reflections of the trees and tall bushes making a green wall in back.

I was distracted by the falling FC of .5 to 1.0/night and the "smoke" under the water when brushed the side.

Now thinking the smoke was just debris that the polaris did not pick up and the FC falling was more because
    of the over 100F temps recently. Finally learned to turn off the solar heater as 92 is way too warm for swimming.

Anyway, thought some of you might enjoy how when you just focus on chemicals and potential problems, you
    miss the zoom out picture.
    36K gal, gunite w/ plaster,[18W x 38L x 8 deep end] 300SF cartridge, 80-100 GPM filter, Sta-rite S7M120 and Polaris 9300 electric robot. Rooftop 6 panel Solar heater, Sacramento Valley, Climate Zone 8

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: well this is embarrassing, not mustard algae after all

Very nice!! Thank you. My pool walls looked to be laden with algae at night with the lights on, until I realized it was the shadow of the bump outs combined with some dirt stuck to the sides. Thank god and TFP for the test kit
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Peoria, IL

Re: well this is embarrassing, not mustard algae after all

Hehe, don't worry. You're not alone. I think a lot of people have mistaken a tree reflection for a patch of algae before (myself included).
    Intex 18ft x 52in Ultra Frame Pool, hard plumbed w/skimmer and fountain
    Intex 4000 gph cartridge filter pump
    Intex SWG