CYA Reading: DOT doesn't disappear

Hey, recently purchased the Taylor K-2006 Complete (FAS-DPD Chlorine Test Kit).
Have tested my pool twice and I'm struggling w/ the CYA test. Specifically, the black dot never disappears.
As instructed, I fill the CYA dispensing bottle to the 7 mL mark w/ pool water and than add R-0013 to the 14 mL mark and mix for 30 seconds. The "mix" is pretty clear (is the R-0013 not working?) and as a result, the black dot, when I test, is always present.

FC = 0.5 ppm
CC = 1.0 ppm
pH = 7.8
CH = 110 ppm
TA = 80 ppm

Thanks

hallidina said:
Thanks. Have been going through it.
Stabilizer needs to be bought from pool store? I.e. there is nothing similar at Walmart type places?
Walmart sells it. So do a lot of hardware stores, especially this time of year. Grocery stores won't. Look for something in the 95% or better range. It's called stabilizer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I saw the HTH on walmart's website, $15 for 15oz! Bought some at Farm and Home supply, it was far cheaper, $6 for 1.5 lbs. The only thing I didn't like is that it said 100% cyanuric acid, instead of the actual ingredients/percentage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.