Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin DX6 Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin DX6 Question

I just got a Dolphin Dx6 and it has been running for 1 hour in my 25,000 plaster pool, and i think it is finished. We just had a bunch of storms and it got all he leaves and mulch up that fell in. Can I run it while the pump is running, or should this only run at night when the pump is off?
    The directions don't really give any guidance.
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin DX6 Question

Also, Do I have to empty the bag every time it is used, and dry it (the bag) out
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes you can run it while the pump is running, however, depending on your return jet configuration, it can sometimes head performance in certain areas of your pool. You do not have to empty the bag every cleaning cycle. This also depends on how much debris is in the unit. If you fill the bag up the first cycle, then of course you will need to empty it out. If you rarely fill the bag, it is good to empty it out every 3-4 cycle. The better you take care of the bag, the longer it will last.
    Chris - In the Industry

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks it doesn't fill up at all. I usually scoop most of the leaves by hand so it is usually small stuff in the back