New Pool Owner Switching From Pristine Blue to Chlorine

Hello,

I have purchased a pool about 2 months ago and got talked into using Pristine Blue. Since I cannot seem to get my pool looking clear I started to do some research and found alot of negative issues with Pristine Blue.

My question is do I need to drain my pool if to switch from Pristine Blue to Chlorine? I really dont want to but if thats the easiest then I will. Also will i have to change out sand on the filter? If I dont drain my pool what steps will I need to take to switch over?

Thanks,

Welcome to TFP!

The first step is to get your copper level measured. That will tell you how much water you need to replace, if any. You want the copper level below 0.3. Since the pool is fairly new it might not be much work to get it down to there.

Welcome to TFP!

Making the switch is no big deal really. Keep with Jason's advice and get your Cu level measured. I would also suggest reading Pool School and getting yourself a high quality test kit such as the TF-100 from tftestkits.net or a Taylor K-2006.

jblizzle said:
As Jason said, you want it below 0.3 ... so likely a 50% water change might be a good place to start.

Thank you. I will begin to drain about 50% of pool tomorrow and refill. It will take me about two days to refill because of low water pressure. Once my test kit comes in i will post the new copper levels. Should I respond with the results to this thread or start a new one?

OK. Hope you all had a great 4th of July.

I finally refilled my pool after draining it halfway. I tested the copper and it is at 0.3. What should be the next step? What it be easier utilizing the BBB method or just using the chlorine tablets i bought from Walmart along with all the other supplies.

Thanks,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.