Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Black plastic or landscape fabric??

Black plastic or landscape fabric??

I just had an AGP installed and I'm not sure rather I should use black plastic or landscape fabric around the outside of the base of my pool.

Any help is appreciated.
    16'x28' Embassy Century AGP, Doughboy Liner, Doughboy Sand Filter and Pump

Re: Black plastic or landscape fabric??

I prefer landscape fabric as it traps less water above and below the fabric. Lets plants grow easier. If you are only adding rocks, either would be fine.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

Re: Black plastic or landscape fabric??

I used 6 ml plastic with rocks on top as i wanted to make sure water was carried away from around pool. Also on one side where pool is installed into a slope dug small ditch couple feet out from pool, put down plastic over ditch & perf pipe ontop with rock on that to divert all water around pool & out to yard on other side. I also had a concrete ring poured for pool to sit on as i didn't want the chance this sucker was sinking or moving. Over-kill? Maybe!
    Lizzieann,

27x54 AGP with Waterfall, 18,500 gallons, Waterway Sand filter- Waterway 1.5 hp -1 speed pump , TF-100 test kit, BBB method.