Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Movement

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Movement

I can't seem to find an answer to this one... How much should the frame on my Intex move? I have two older girls who "dive" and jump around in the pool the entire time they're in there and the frame is in constant motion; creaking and swaying. We've only had it up for a few weeks, maybe a month, and it's on a concrete pad, so it's as level as it can be. I didn't expect it to move this much, so I just wanted to check that it's "normal" and not unsafe. The legs were level from front to back when I first set it up, but aren't anymore (I think they moved out when it was filled with water). Thanks!
    12 ft x 30 in Easy Set Pool on a 20 ft x 20 ft Concrete Pad

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Intex Movement

Those pools move a whole lot. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I concur. Constant motion.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18x48; Intex 56671EG 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System 15,000 Gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome! Thank you!
    12 ft x 30 in Easy Set Pool on a 20 ft x 20 ft Concrete Pad

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mexico, MO

Yes, that is completely normal. You will have to watch the legs, and move them back into proper placement. Using several "tie-down" ratchet straps wrapped around the bottom of the legs will help keep them in place.

That's why I did a partial bury on mine.

The top of the dirt is about even with the wide band that goes around the pool.

We had a friend over with her daughter swimming today. Girl likes how clean and clear the pool is, and loves to jump off the platform at the top of the ladder. Pool just barely moved with all the water splashing around.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

S. California

Yup, my kids have that thing dancing all the time.
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner