Nature2

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the somewhat repeat discussion. I recently asked about chlorine vs salt vs minerals. Everyone pretty much said to stay away from minerals.

However, I have gotten about 6 quotes from pool builders to put in a new pool and 75% are HIGHLY recommending minerals and all recommend Nature2. I told them all I did some research and from what I found, minerals was not recommended.

I'm confused on the disparity....why are builders recommending them highly???

Thanks,
Doug

Because they make money every time they install one. They also may get certain kickbacks for moving certain numbers of them from the manufacturer. They are not thinking of making things better for you. They just want $$$$. Once builders are finished with your pool, they are done with you. Matters not to them that they stick you with an expensive and useless item and the problem that it creates since they are long removed from the picture.

Minerals, also known as metals, are of no use in pool water that is properly sanitized (has enough chlorine). Metals do several things that are not good for you or your pool. They build up in the water and stay there. They stain hair. They stain pool surfaces. The only mineral that you need, and this is only in a gunite pool, is calcium. And calcium is only needed within a certain range. Having too much calcium causes problems too.

How's that Ciera workin' out for ya'?

:mrgreen:

I'm sorry that, as a moderator, I allowed this thread to devolve into a back and forth Fargo quote-a-thon. Please forgive me!

dubele said:
I'm confused on the disparity....why are builders recommending them highly???

Thanks,
Doug
The same reason the car dealer tries to sell you undercoating or scotchguard on the seats or an alarm system on a car that comes from the factory with an immobilizer system that keeps it from starting without the right key programmed in ---

Higher markup. More profit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.