need to drain and patch..some advice

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hi all,

I feel so bad for my kids...we DON'T have our pool up and running yet and here it is JULY! We had a few pinholes develop near our pool steps early this spring, and it washed away about 2 feet of the sand "coping" under the liner...so it is now sitting with about 5 inches of water in the bottom of the pool. I NEED to pump this out, and pull back the liner a bit in that area, so I can fix the sand edge , and then put the liner back, and refill the pool. my pool is in about 85% shade most of the day....so I plan on doing this project over the next two days...will NOT having the pool full of water for a couple of days, while I am repairing be OK? Again, I'll only have about 6 feet of the liner pulled away from the pool wall, so I can get in to repair the sand along the bottom edge of the wall..then I'll be hanging that portion of the liner again, patching the few small holes, and then refilling.

Just hope this will be OK to do...OR, should I just order an entire new liner?? which would really make me unhappy.

Thanks for any help

Dan

well..pool is being refilled as we speak. I found one small pin hole near the ladder/deck side where some of the sand bottom had washed out..so good to go there..and then on the opposite side of the pool I found two tears about 4 inches long each..not sure how those go there, but put a large patch on each of them, and then the tankers started adding water..so far 16,000 gallons in and another 9,000 to go. No leaks anywhere, and the liner is pushing back into place nice, with no wrinkles so far. Looking good.

Dan

next I tackle removing my SWG system and insalling my Stenner pump system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.