Need something better

Jun 18, 2012
Pensacola, Florida
We have just a basic box pool, albeit one of the larger ones. The skimmer basket setup all needs to be replaced. Florida sun has taken it's toll. I'm thinking an upgrade would be better than a replacement. I don't want to spend a whole whole lot, just because, again, it is a box pool (2nd season this summer).

Any suggestions?

Should we go to sand filter? I've heard cartridge are better than sand. When looking at specs, if it says the pump is for 1000 gallons, is that how much it's filtering per minute or something? Is there a good ratio to look at? Our pool is 10,000 gallons, estimate.

The pump ratings you are looking at are the gallons per hour ... best case. If you search around the site you will find a lot of people like the larger 2650 pump with sand filter option over the very underpowered pump you have no coupled with the cartridge filter. There are been cartridges from Unicel that would help with filtration with our current setup, but your pump is still rather lacking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.