Swamp Water, Green Water and Pollywogs ...

teecee

Jun 30, 2013
Hi there .... I just joined this site and love the posts! I have a pool at my home in Southern California and the water is crystal clear and all is great. We have another home (used for business purposes) and are not there on weekends and sometimes, during the week ... The pool is nice (about 30,000 gal. below ground) but, the home is up in an elevated part of a city and is more well, rural! The water turned very green and there are pollywogs occupying its habitat currently ... sometimes, I wish I was a polywog !!!!

I just shocked the water as instructed and the pump seems fine and even though the water is lightening .... do I need to drain it and power wash or is there a solution ... the pH levels seem to be fine .... is there a trick that I can use to get more circulation going in the pool (pump is a Hayward H) and, yes, it is very hot but, I threw a little extra shock in (with algae formation included) .... any ideas would be greatly appreciated .... thanks and have a great day :cool: ..... teeceee

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

teecee said:
I just shocked the water as instructed
As instructed by whom? Pool School or a pool store?

teecee said:
do I need to drain it and power wash or is there a solution ... the pH levels seem to be fine .... is there a trick that I can use to get more circulation going in the pool (pump is a Hayward H) and, yes, it is very hot but, I threw a little extra shock in (with algae formation included) .... any ideas would be greatly appreciated .... thanks and have a great day :cool: ..... teeceee
I am not convinced you are following the Shocking Your Pool PROCESS utilizing one of the Recommended Test Kits. There is no need to drain and wash the pool. The process works.

Read these as well as the rest of Pool School:
Defeating Algae
Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.