Hi there .... I just joined this site and love the posts! I have a pool at my home in Southern California and the water is crystal clear and all is great. We have another home (used for business purposes) and are not there on weekends and sometimes, during the week ... The pool is nice (about 30,000 gal. below ground) but, the home is up in an elevated part of a city and is more well, rural! The water turned very green and there are pollywogs occupying its habitat currently ... sometimes, I wish I was a polywog !!!!
I just shocked the water as instructed and the pump seems fine and even though the water is lightening .... do I need to drain it and power wash or is there a solution ... the pH levels seem to be fine .... is there a trick that I can use to get more circulation going in the pool (pump is a Hayward H) and, yes, it is very hot but, I threw a little extra shock in (with algae formation included) .... any ideas would be greatly appreciated .... thanks and have a great day ..... teeceee