finally clear

finally got pool clear
    CL=8.5
    CC=0.5
    TC=9
    TA=70
    PH=7.2
    CH=50
    I know cl still a bit high but its slowly comming down....i had good test results like these yesterday morning but still had a cloudy pool and talked to several people and was told to try the pool clearifyer ...its the blue bottle aqua chem stuff that walmart has .....(question..what is in this stuff i couldent find any lable on it for what was in it)
    intex ultra frame 14x48 round ag, intex swg, tf100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: finally clear

We teach the BBB system and not the BBBC. We don't know what's in it and all the more reason to not using something you have no idea what's in it.

Filtration and Pool Owner Patience would have been enough.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by chris400
    finally got pool clear
    CL=8.5
    CC=0.5
    TC=9
    TA=70
    PH=7.2
    CH=50
    I know cl still a bit high but its slowly comming down....i had good test results like these yesterday morning but still had a cloudy pool and talked to several people and was told to try the pool clearifyer ...its the blue bottle aqua chem stuff that walmart has .....(question..what is in this stuff i couldent find any lable on it for what was in it)
    Actually.... FC may not be too high - it's dependent on the CYA level, which you're keeping a secret. Almost as secret as the ingredients in that clarifier.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

sorry lol cya was at 25 and i added enough to bring it to 70 ...i have a swg i started

5. Back To Top    #5

i dunno what was in it either but as i have been doing everything on here as best as i possibly could with success i must say... the cloudyness was my last issue that has been lingering for about a week solid and i did what i thought would clear it up and it did......i dont have the added benifit of a sand filter or fancy pump im using the 1000gph pump the pool came with to do all this and it uses an "A" type filter that im cleaning 1 or 2 times a day

6. Back To Top    #6

Sounds like you need a better cartridge. The Unicell cartridges seems very popular and they filter better than the Intex filter. Also, the little pump only pumps a portion of the pools water each day. Getting rid of cloudy water is all a matter of getting the stuff into the filter and if it never gets sucked into the filter, it will never go away. Some people have had success with paper towels in the skimmer basket or wrapped around the cartridge but these can only be used if you babysit the pump to ensure you don't lose flow and over heat the pump.

Do you have a vacuum?
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

im on the lookout for a bigger pump or sand filter local to here

8. Back To Top    #8

There are always Intex and Hayward above ground pool pumps and filters on the local craigslist. If you get a cartridge filter, make sure you can get filters and they are cost effective. Sand and DE are always easy to find.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100