Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hose collapsing from skimmer to pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Hose collapsing from skimmer to pump

Hi All,

The hose from the skimmer to the pump is collapsing. Has done so a several times. Yesterday the hose was replaced with a brand new one but we still woke to a caved-in hose. It's the white, not clear hose. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    15x42 Intex AG (2 seasons), 3,284 gal, saltwater conversion, Intex Saltwater Sys. Clor. 2/GFCI Mdl 54605EG (brand new), 14" Sand Filter Pump (2 seasons) mdl 56673 - .5 hp 1600 gph,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hose collapsing from skimmer to pump

Is the skimmer screen clear when you find it collapsed?
    have you removed the screen to make sure it's not partially clogged with something?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow that was a fast response! Wish I could answer as quickly. My boyfriend is charge of the pool so I unfortunately don't know. We'll check this evening when home.
    15x42 Intex AG (2 seasons), 3,284 gal, saltwater conversion, Intex Saltwater Sys. Clor. 2/GFCI Mdl 54605EG (brand new), 14" Sand Filter Pump (2 seasons) mdl 56673 - .5 hp 1600 gph,

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll assume you've got the Intext floating skimmer. Debris can get trapped behind the blue nut that attaches the clear skimmer hose to the fitting that goes through the side. If you haven't otherwise found the problem pull the clear skimmer hose from the blue adapter and unscrew it to see if there is a clog behind it.
    18'X48" Intex Easy Set, 2650 GPH Intex sand filter, Intex SWCG, Intex deluxe skimmer