Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just making sure I am perfect

1. Back To Top    #1

Just making sure I am perfect

I finally got everything all balanced (I think) and I wanted to publish what I have JUST to make sure I am not missing anything.

FC - 5
    CC - 0
    pH - 7.5
    T.A - 90
    CH - 100 (have no calcium based fillers in fiberglass)
    CYA - 40

My only gut is perhaps I should get the pH up a little, but I am waiting till the somewhat newly added last bit of CYA dissolves, etc.

Any other thoughts - fire away!

Oh, water is crystal clear !!
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Just making sure I am perfect

Doesn't get much better than that. Leave your pH alone....it's just fine.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Cool, as always thanks!
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

4. Back To Top    #4

With 40 CYA, keep FC between 3 and 7, and never below 3. If you are at 5FC now, you may be too low later. I suggest you dose up to about 7 each evening and see where you end up.

Your pH looks absolutely perfect and I'd leave it alone.

We do recommend a higher CH of 220 to 320 for FG pools to help prevent cobalt spotting.
    Link to Pool School Recommended Levels:
    pool-school/recommended_levels

Nice job overall
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Not sure about you being perfect.....but your pool water chemistry looks pretty darn good!
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    With 40 CYA, keep FC between 3 and 7, and never below 3. If you are at 5FC now, you may be too low later. I suggest you dose up to about 7 each evening and see where you end up.

Your pH looks absolutely perfect and I'd leave it alone.

We do recommend a higher CH of 220 to 320 for FG pools to help prevent cobalt spotting.
    Link to Pool School Recommended Levels:
    pool-school/recommended_levels

Nice job overall
    Yeah, I've dropping 1.5PPM of FC while at 30 CYA, so thinking at 40 I still should be good....will test a bit to see if I get that consistency still.

As for the CH, I am a little confused on the CH level...meaning look at this thread where I was told not to worry about it. Now I am not trying to pit one against the other, just trying to understand.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calci...ls-t61049.html

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by harleysilo
    Not sure about you being perfect.....but your pool water chemistry looks pretty darn good!
    Well, I think my wife would agree with you

About me vs. the pool chemistry that is!