Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hotub water draining slowly...

1. Back To Top    #1

Hotub water draining slowly...

Our hot tub water is draining slowly out of our hot tub. I am not sure if we have a leak or if maybe there is a bad o-ring somewhere. The hot tub water level is about 7 inches higher than the rest of our pool. The water level in the hot tub tends to drop by about 6-9 inches over the course of a day. Then when the pump kicks on again it fills back up. I was hoping there might be someone out there that could give me some troubleshooting steps or recommend a possible area to focus on in order to resolve the issue.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Hotub water draining slowly...

The most common reason for that to happen is the check valve between the spa and pool is leaking by. It's either failed or something is stuck in it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hotub water draining slowly...

Thanks for the guidiance. Based on your suggestion I was able to find this YouTube video that walked me through how to repair it. Wanted to post it in case others were experiencing the same issue.