Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Custom AG lighting options?

1. Back To Top    #1

Custom AG lighting options?

I have seen on here a post with pics of a AG pool with some cool lites. It looked like they were capable of changing colors, etc.... I haven't been able to dig up the post, but wanted to ask if anyone has seen anything of the sort? The lites actually looked to be mounted on the top rail. Our pool goes up in 10-15 days and we looking for something more then just the stick on lites provided.
    Thanks.
    12x24 Doughboy. 8700 gallons~ 2 HP Dyanmo Pump~ 26" Sand Dollar Filter~TF 100 test kit~ Zodiac Ranger AGP automatic cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Custom AG lighting options?

I have the NiteLighter Multi Color and it mounts under the top rail and is color changing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I know I am responding late on this post but how did you get the nitelighter mounted under the rails. We bought two for our pool but the part that goes over the rim is so thick e could not get the rails back on? Also, I have read some posts about water getting into the lights and ruining them. Do you do anything special to seal them?
    30 ft. round Aqua Leader agp with dished out center 23,800 gallons; 1.5 hp Hayward pro matrix pump; Hayward EC50 DE filter; solar panels; solar cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Our top rail is resin and it has a honeycomb pattern under the bottom of it. There's just enough space between the honeycomb cells that the bracket will fit into.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the same light with no problems with the seal. I suppose you could put some pool lube on the seal if there was a prob.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Oops, forgot to mention the light.

The first one I got leaked and filled with water. They replaced it under warranty, and the new one I have had now for about 3 years hasn't leaked at all.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Ill probably end up with the NiteLighter. This light I saw was on an INTEX pool that they had decked around. It was probably the best Intex setup I have seen.
    12x24 Doughboy. 8700 gallons~ 2 HP Dyanmo Pump~ 26" Sand Dollar Filter~TF 100 test kit~ Zodiac Ranger AGP automatic cleaner.