Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool model RJ-20 vs RJ-g

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool model RJ-20 vs RJ-g

I ordered the circupool RJ-20 salt water generator. It took them a month to ship it, after I called twice to inquire what was taking so long. They finally shipped my order. When I opened the box the cell unit was a RJ-g model not the RJ20 that i was expecting. They don't even advertise the RJ-g model on the web site. Does any one know if the RJ20 and RJ-G models are of the same quality?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool model RJ-20 vs RJ-g

I believe the only difference is the warranty. The RJ-20 has a longer warranty. I'd call them and find out what the deal is. If you paid for the longer warranty you certainly want it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I will definitely call them today, thanks very much.

4. Back To Top    #4

Same here. Just got my RJ-g 45 last week. The RJ-g is a newer model with a better (so I'm told) generator housing. Same warranty (7 years) as the old RJ units. I called and they told me they have not got around to updating their website yet.
    Foxx Pool, Kidney, 17x29, 17.5k gallons, Findlay 30mil Liner, Hayward Max-Flo VS, GE digital timer, (2) Pentair diverter valves, Hayward Star Clear Plus 175sqft cartridge filter, Polaris 3/4hp Booster pump (back-up), Polaris 280 cleaner (back-up), Dolphin DX3 robot, CircuPool RJ45 SWCG

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, I talked to a rep today. He told me the same thing, that it was indeed the same cell unit, just a newer model, and it will perform the same. The Waranty is the same and they do carry replacement parts for the newer model. I asked because as I was checking the site for this RJ-g model I couldn't find the unit or the parts .

6. Back To Top    #6

See my comments at the link below just for a heads up. Not sure if you have a variable speed or two speed pump but if so the information in my thread will be useful to you.

post531784.html#p531784
    Foxx Pool, Kidney, 17x29, 17.5k gallons, Findlay 30mil Liner, Hayward Max-Flo VS, GE digital timer, (2) Pentair diverter valves, Hayward Star Clear Plus 175sqft cartridge filter, Polaris 3/4hp Booster pump (back-up), Polaris 280 cleaner (back-up), Dolphin DX3 robot, CircuPool RJ45 SWCG

7. Back To Top    #7

The "g" designation is for the new cell design; just released. It's an improved version with three ports for greater plumbing flexibility. The cell cord has also been redesigned to plug in at the control box rather than at the cell. Same exact warranty and both versions will be available for parts and service.
    All photos on the site have now been updated to reflect the current design.
    Thanks for the opportunity to explain,
    Don
    Don Uhle, Discount Salt Pool