Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heat pump problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Heat pump problem

Past couple days been running pump 24/7 along with heat pump set at 85 degrees. Tonight I turned pump off but latter on I noticed the heat pump going on. In the past when pump was off the heat pump would say No Flow.

What do you think? Some kind of bad sensor?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Heat pump problem

Sounds like the pressure sensor has gone out and needs to be replaced.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

The error code is HP3.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights

4. Back To Top    #4

How about if I just put the heat pump on a timer instead of replacing the bad sensor? Could be cheaper than hiring someone to replace it.