Pool build question...

May 12, 2008
East of KC, MO
Out of curiosity, is it normal for an installer to wait atleast 2 days after a good rain, to install their next pool? Are they worried about tearing up the yard or would they rather work with dirt when excavating? Or, is that BS? Reason being is that my wife is doubting their installation excuses and was wondering if something else might be going on. What do you all think?

I would think that waiting 2 days is acceptable, I would not like to be out there in the mud, besides if they are comfortable, then you will get a better finished product. If they are out there in the mud, the only thing on there mind will be hurry up and lets get outta here.

I had some issues last year when my pool was first installed. 18x33 above ground. Long story but at one time, I had to have a new liner installed and it was still fairly wet around the work area.... when they installed the liner, it had sand, pebbles, all sorts of stuff between the liner and the pool wall due to the fact that when the liner was wet, junk stuck to it and got stuck between the wall and liner. Then I could actually feel the sand etc when rubbing my hands accross the pool wall. (It has since been fixed.)

Id say that they are doing you right by waiting for things to dry out. I hope your pool build goes smooth! :-D

Thanks for the re-assurance thus far. I'm with you all, thinking that they are being truthful and really just don't want to be in mud. They only use one installer, which I guess is not uncommon? They haven't installed one pool in the last 7-8 days because we've had rain every 2 or 3 days. We are more or less getting anxious, but also frustrated because we were told it would be in about a 3 weeks ago. I know mother nature can't be controlled, but I am trying to get my wife to believe that!! I just hope that they don't rush through the installs now to try and get caught back up..

We just got our pool installed today (pics will be coming). We've had some rain lately and our pool store (has a good reputation around here), called Wednesday apologizing for the delay.

We have lots of clay under the grass and I know how miserable it is to work in wet. I told him to come out when he felt comfortable with the conditions. He thanked me over and over for understanding. Did I mention I know how how bad wet clay is?

He said when they get behind in wet weather, people complain when they're not out when the last drop falls out of the sky, then complain when they tear up the yard. They were out last night to start leveling and had five guys out today busy as bees to finish.

The conditions were good and they were very happy we were willing to wait. The first week it gets hot everyone wants their pool NOW. When it rains, they get behind. Hope your install goes well.

A couple of days is normal I would say. When you want it done waiting just STINKS!! :x I was delayed at least a week on my build and was getting very anxious, but when they started a lot got done quickly. Now I need rain to help my ground settle and I can't seem to get any.....go figure :roll:

If the only problem you encounter is a few days delay... then consider yourself way lucky.

Hopefully, this isn't juat a warm up for things to come... and if it is... there's no way for you to know it, or do much about it... but surely don't let a couple days get your blood pressure up...

relax, and picture yourself swimming in a few (day/weeks/months/years... you choose), and know that a few days one way or the other won't matter either way...

Good luck!

stevenbrla said:
Hopefully, this isn't juat a warm up for things to come... and if it is... there's no way for you to know it, or do much about it... but surely don't let a couple days get your blood pressure up...

My wife gets my blood pressure up, haha! :lol:

Nah, she understands more now and hopefully can be a little more patient. The 10 day forecast is only showing rain 8/10 days... :evil:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.