Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: refill

1. Back To Top    #1

refill

How long do the chems last, I have a 3 year old tf-100 kit.... chems still good?
    Thanks
    thanks
    gary

24ft x 54" aquasphere mission agp, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp hayward, TF-100, BBB method, pool install July 2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: refill

It is recommended that you replace the reagents yearly, but if you have kept your kit inside and away from temperature extremes, you can go beyond a year and be ok. Three years though? Not so sure about that. The dye related chems that are found in the CH and TA tests are usually the first to go bad.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks
    thanks
    gary

24ft x 54" aquasphere mission agp, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp hayward, TF-100, BBB method, pool install July 2010

4. Back To Top    #4

Try them out and see. I was told if they were bad it would be obvious. I can tell you I bought my TF100 in June 2009 and keep it inside my house. I was without a pool for a few years but held on to my kit. I got it back out in July 2012 and it still worked great. In fact I still have original TA and CH reagents because they rarely change so I only test those every couple months during summer and they still work. Bought new reagents for PH, FC, CC, and CYA when they ran out not because they went bad. Can't beat the TF100 for reliability or their customer service!!!
    Just bought a new house in the country, no pool yet. :(
    Hot tub..500 gals..bromine
    TF100 test kit and speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

http://www.troublefreepool.com/exten...ns-t25081.html

After each test instructions, there are notes that say what to look for if something is bad.
    12500 gallons, 24 foot round above ground
    Hayward Sand filter, Pentair OptiFlo 1HP 2-Speed pump

6. Back To Top    #6

I have a 3 year old one that still works fine compared to my new one. Kept in a closet.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!