Keeping FC high?

Jun 21, 2013
NY
According to the charts with a cya level of 60, my min FC is 5 and target FC is 7. Is there any reason not to run it on the high side? Maybe consider 7 as the minimum and try to keep it floating between 9 and 12?

The cost should be the same to bump it up a few points whether it is from 5 to 8 or 9 to 12, and I would feel a little safer considering my month long fight with mustard algae. I also think it would compensate for any errors I may have made reading the cya test.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I would rather use a bit more bleach and reduce the chances of a problem. I am more concerned with crystal clear water than running things as cheap as possible. This way I shouldn't ever have to worry about dipping below the minimum.

Are there any negatives to keeping it high? I am doing damage to the vinyl liner or anything in the pump?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.