Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing My Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Testing My Water

After a long day, we have our pump running. I had told the pb's plumber ALL DAY LONG that I would balance the water myself. I know it was a long day for him too, but he decided to dump 3lbs of chlorine in the skimmer!!! He did not even test the water. How soon can I do a complete test of the water?

I also told him I have the liquid stabilizer and he was all excited!! iIam not letting him get his hand ons that stuff. I want him to come and show us how to work the equipment and be on his merry way. They all just loves these chemicals!!

Thx.
    18x36 IG Vinyl Grecian Lazy L (20k gallons) ~ Whisperflo DS 2.0HP pump ~ QuadDE100 filter ~ Autopilot SWG DIG-60 ~ (7) 4x16 solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2
    I would just give the new chlorine a little time to circulate then test the water.

Dont' add anything else til you test it and then you can add appropriately.
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3
    congrats! Now you need to change your username to nupool

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Testing My Water

Quote Originally Posted by nupoolsoon
    After a long day, we have our pump running. I had told the pb's plumber ALL DAY LONG that I would balance the water myself. I know it was a long day for him too, but he decided to dump 3lbs of chlorine in the skimmer!!! He did not even test the water. How soon can I do a complete test of the water?

I also told him I have the liquid stabilizer and he was all excited!! iIam not letting him get his hand ons that stuff. I want him to come and show us how to work the equipment and be on his merry way. They all just loves these chemicals!!

Thx.
    I would have pushed him in...
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5
    The Mermaid Queen - I am not able to remove "soon" since we have not been swimming yet, and come to find out we have a moderate leak somewhere too.
    18x36 IG Vinyl Grecian Lazy L (20k gallons) ~ Whisperflo DS 2.0HP pump ~ QuadDE100 filter ~ Autopilot SWG DIG-60 ~ (7) 4x16 solar panels