Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need a multi timer

1. Back To Top    #1

I need a multi timer

I was looking at Home Depot but didnt find a timer Im looking for. I need a multi timer. Like being able to set the timer to come on and off every XX hours (ie 3 hrs), or being able to set time timer to go on and off at least 3 times a day. Anyone know of a timer to do this? Please link if you do.
    20'x40' inground pool, vinyl liner, sand filter
    approx 32000 gallons
    perpetual spring swamp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need a multi timer

What voltage is your pump?

Intermatic mechanical timers are very robust and well priced. You can buy extra on/off brackets to do mutiple on/off segments. After that you can step up to digital timers but they are more expensive and more prone to problems I have heard.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the Intermatic Digital Timer. Had it for 3 years now. Gives you 8 segments that you can program from 1 minute and up. Mine has not give any issues at all other than a battery change that was very easy. Also has adjustable "Freeze Guard" that turn power on when air temp get to your pre-set temp. I've had zero issues with mine and easy to operate. Come in both 110v and 220v.
    Good Luck!!
    Sami
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by samiguy
    I have the Intermatic Digital Timer. Had it for 3 years now. Gives you 8 segments that you can program from 1 minute and up. Mine has not give any issues at all other than a battery change that was very easy. Also has adjustable "Freeze Guard" that turn power on when air temp get to your pre-set temp. I've had zero issues with mine and easy to operate. Come in both 110v and 220v.
    Good Luck!!
    Sami
    Link?
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just google intermatic for their website and then go to one of the preferred vendors here or amazon.
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc