East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a Dual Pool/Spa Jandy One Touch system for the last 10+ years. Recently I upgraded my equipment two years ago, and have added an Inteliflo VS pump and two Jandy AquaPure chlorinators. The chlorinators were not attached to the One Touch until last year when I added an iAqualink. With the Jandy Board S revision, I was able to separately control the pool and spa AquaPures and to control my variable speed pump.

Over this past weekend, the AquaPures stopped working with the One Touch. Initially the pool AquaPure read 0% and no flow, while the spa AquaPure read 0% and flow (they were set to 95% and 25), and the Inteliflow pump read "offline". The AquaPures were confirmed to be not working at the boxes, although the Jandy One Touch was changing pump speed at the proper times, despite showing the pump offline. First I disconnected the pool AquaPure and the spa unit started working again and the Inteliflow pump showed its speed and online. Then today, after I turned on the spa heater, the spa AquaPure went back to 0% and the Inteliflow displayed offline again. I got the two AquaPures working by running stand-alone from the One Touch, but the pump still shows offline.

Any ideas what is up? My best guess is that the Jandy Board is malfunctioning. It is two years old and connected to a Jandy Surge Protector, so I imagine it is under warranty, but getting Jandy to replace can be a chore. Very hard to pinpoint the problem too. Anyone else with similar experiences? I had assumed the AquaPure flow sensors were off, but (1) I replaced with extra sensors Jandy sent me last year and (2) the Inteliflow pump is not sensing right either, and the two AquaPures are no longer connected to the Jandy board.

I might add that the problems described were preceded on Friday by the iAqualink going offline for some reason. This was corrected by pushing the "reset" button on the Jandy board.

It sounds to me like you had a nearby lightning hit. That can disrupt, and sometimes damage, the communication circuitry between the automation system and the other three (2 SWGs and pump).

I would power everything down completely and then turn it back on again, and see if that helps.

I tried that just now (turned off Jandy system for 20 seconds at the main breaker) but effect was similar to when I hit reset. Pump still showing as offline.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.