a new pool owner in Texas

washguy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2013
Big D Yall
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Ya'll Ive been lurking here for a few weeks :-D We just bought a new home with a pool...already have my tft100 on the way! back in the 60's Dad built a gunite pool and tought me how to take care of it....testing and yes brushing and vaccuming too.... young slave labor :lol: if I remember correctly it was liquid chlorine and muratic acid....boom a clear pool for all those years. the filter was a de that he had me tear apart once a season to clean the crud off the screens
so fast forward some 55 years later and im now a pool owner...bout 23,000 gals.....pool school looks like what I did back old school style cept for the cya stuff. We move in next week and ill be shutting down the auto chlor puck system....testing and then posting....im freakin out bout the cya being too high...We will know Tuesday...fingers crossed!

thanks guys for a wonderful forum! :cheers: Wash

Sounds like you've got a good background and history.. that should help you with getting started.

Don't fret the CYA too much... just consider what it would cost any normal newbie to get that pool started by going to the pool school. :shock: You'll have it figured out and for much less $$, even if you have to drain much of it.

Hi Guys My testkit tft will be here tomorrow and we are going over to the new home...but im really wanting to know what ive got as for as my filter....I think its a cartridge type? would someone confirm please? :-D

wash

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.