Jul 7, 2012
Las Vegas
FC - 8
PH - 8.0
TA - 200
CH - 875
CYA - 70

Three questions I need help with:

According to pool calculator, add 111oz of acid. Does it matter how I add it? ie. in one spot, spread it around, etc?

Since i'm in LV, do I need to drain 50% of my water due to the CH? Or is that acceptable because of the region? I tested CH last Sept to a result of 375. CYA hasn't moved since I have been using liquid chlorine.

BTW, the Ph is constantly creeping up. How do I stabilize it?

Slowly add the MA near a return. I put my bottle as close to the water as possible to avoid splashing.

You can test your tap water and see if it's high in CH. If so, draining won't improve your situation. You will have to keep pH and TA in check to avoid scaling.

pH is creeping because your TA is so high. Here is how to fix that.
pool-school/lowering%20total%20alkalinity
So in pool calculator, make sure you add enough MA to lower to 7.2. If you want to do it carefully, go to 7.4 first, then test again after an hour and add enough to bring it the rest of the way down.

Look at this post They stole my water sample!

When CH starts getting that high, you really need to watch TA & pH. Plug the numbers into the pool calculator and see what the CSI is, then play with the parameters and get a feel for how close to scaling its is, and what even small changes to pH and TA can do. Incidentally, that pol is a prime candidate for using the 10 ml sample size. At that level, whether you read 800, 825, or 810 it doesn't make a lot of difference. What's the CH of the fill water? If it's high, the drain & refill scenario isn't as satisfying as it could be. Rainwater is another story. Encourage them to harvest as much of that free Calcium-free water as possible when it rains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.