New Pool Owners: Leaking Water from Filter

Jun 30, 2013
Hi All,

We have had problem after problem with this pool, we just want to enjoy it! The latest thing is the spider valve/gasket for our Vari-flo control valve was seated improperly. This was fixed but then 2 days later we backwashed after vacuuming. Now whenever the filter is on water just shoots out from the lid of the valve where it meets the lower chamber. All 6 screws are fastened tightly, spider valve was even replaced. Help!! Let me know if you need more info.

Jessica

Welcome to tfp, jlt2412 :wave:

It sounds like you may be missing the rubber gasket that goes between your valve body and the tank body?

When it is leaking is there still flow back to the pool?

What is the filter pressure?

You could post the model number of your filter.

We asked our local pool shop and they said there wasn't a gasket that would go there- although it seemed logical. Since you mention it, I'll go searching for it around the tank since it must have slipped off somehow. There is still flow back to the pool when this happens. Hopefully I find the gasket and that fixes things.
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.