New Pool Build in Granbury Texas

Your pool looks awesome!

I have enjoyed all of the time lapse video's. You have inspired me to do a time lapse of our build. Our pool build is supposed to start next week. Yay! Anyway, I was wondering how often your camera was set to take the pictures. I have been experimenting with creating time lapse videos with taking pictures of the clouds over the last couple weeks. With clouds you have to take the pictures really close together (just a few seconds apart) if you don't want the video to be really choppy. I was thinking with a pool build I would be able to set my camera to take the pictures much farther apart and still end up with a great video. Any tips or suggestions that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks! I was taking 8MP photos every 10 seconds. With a 32GB card that's way more than all day. I'm pretty much done now. Maybe one more video of the final setup of umbrellas and furniture and stuff. :)

My Daddy ALWAYS told me... If you want something done right, DIY! I like the new layout of the steps and the pool looks fabulous! I'm a BIG fan of the light/white plasters. I think it gives the water the purest looking color water should have. :) I just love it!

My pop said the same thing. That and marry rich. :)

Regardless, I recruited him to help with those steps. Hehe. He enjoyed the modern jackhammer a lot.

Question: What should I seal the cast cement coping with to prevent stains? I'd also like something that would color enhance it. When dry it's darn close to white, but when wet it shows the light tan color I really liked.

The main reasons I want to seal it are to prevent the staining that I've had to consistently power wash off, and to add some sharkgrip to the mix and reduce their slipperiness.

So after much researching I went with buying some AR500 from Foundation Armor. I added enough of the Matte Pack to get a matte finish and some traction additive which seamed a lot like every other additive I've ever seen. It came out gorgeous. I pressure washed, let it dry in the sun a couple days, vacuumed, and rolled on 2 coats this morning in the overcast cool (for Texas) day. I really love how it darkened my tan cast concrete coping just like it was lightly wet. So far I highly recommend.

So after much researching I went with buying some AR500 from Foundation Armor. I added enough of the Matte Pack to get a matte finish and some traction additive which seamed a lot like every other additive I've ever seen. It came out gorgeous. I pressure washed, let it dry in the sun a couple days, vacuumed, and rolled on 2 coats this morning in the overcast cool (for Texas) day. I really love how it darkened my tan cast concrete coping just like it was lightly wet. So far I highly recommend.

And.... I was wrong. Stay far away from the non slip additive from these guys. Cheeaaap crushed sand or quartz. Very harsh and doesn't do anything for non-slip when bare foot. Works great with foot wear.

I'll be doing a light third coat with a lot of shark grip it seems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.