Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Moved pool..green left in bottom..cleaning suggetions?

1. Back To Top    #1

Moved pool..green left in bottom..cleaning suggetions?

We drained our pool to move it to a better location. Of course this took from Wed. night til today. There is still a little water left, but it is green and has made the floor of the pool icky with green slime. Because I wasn't going to add chemicals to water we were going to just dump out anyhow. So what is the best way to clean that up before we set it up again? And what would I clean it with? That way we're not putting it back up nasty and green. I'd like to clean it before we take it down to relocate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Intex Ultra-Frame 26x52 AGP (14,650 gal.)
    Intex Pump & Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Moved pool..green left in bottom..cleaning suggetions?

Bleach and water sounds good to me. Just make sure you get it all, would hate to mess up a fresh fill.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

A wet-n-dry shop vacuum will get most of the water out. Bleach and elbow grease in an inch of water ought to kill and clean the green. When you refill it, add a little bleach as it fills, just pour it right into the hose stream.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. I got some bleach and a soft bristled broom and brush today so I can start scrubbing around tomorrow after work.
    Intex Ultra-Frame 26x52 AGP (14,650 gal.)
    Intex Pump & Filter