I need some advise for my neighbor who is using tabs, todays first numbers:

PH 7.5
FC 6
CC 0
TA 50
CH 810 Yup that's right!
CYA 50
Temp 85 full sun

I don't know if the CH results through the rest of the numbers off but here they are, advise gurus!

Thanks,

Roth

Unless they are using the rare cal-hypo tablets, the tablets are not the high CH source. Since the CYA is now at 50, you should get them to stop using the tablets and switch to bleach. Leave the TA and keep the pH on the low side to counter the high CH and keep in the acceptable CSI range.

They stole my water sample!

When CH starts getting that high, you really need to watch TA & pH. Plug the numbers into the pool calculator and see what the CSI is, then play with the parameters and get a feel for how close to scaling its is, and what even small changes to pH and TA can do. Incidentally, that pol is a prime candidate for using the 10 ml sample size. At that level, whether you read 800, 825, or 810 it doesn't make a lot of difference. What's the CH of the fill water? If it's high, the drain & refill scenario isn't as satisfying as it could be. Rainwater is another story. Encourage them to harvest as much of that free Calcium-free water as possible when it rains.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.