Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Been here for a little while but just starting BBB.

1. Back To Top    #1

Been here for a little while but just starting BBB.

FC: ~1.0
    pH: ~6.6
    TA: 110
    CYA: 55

My TFTestkit said to add drops of a solution "until it turns red". It started getting slightly red at 11 drops and more substantially red at 12 (120TA).

I just bought quite a lot of B, B, and B (8.25% sodium hypochlorite). At this point, about how much should I add of these?
    25K IG Vinyl / Pump: HP Tristar SP3207EE (as opposed to the confusingly different SP3205X7) / Filter:Hayward S360T2 (prev. SuperFlow PF-50) / Heat:6-panel FAFCO Ceiling solar heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Been here for a little while but just starting BBB.

Have you used the pool calc ? You need to get some bleach in there ASAP or you know what your heading for. Did you do the CC test ? Then Tackle the low PH. 7.2-7.8 for the PH.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

TC: ~1.0 (by orthotolidine test)
    FC: 28 (taken after TC and after adding 3gal bleach to skimmer, so may be invalid)
    CC: 0 "" ""
    pH: ~6.6
    TA: 110
    CYA: 55

I should probably repost once the bleach has circulated. I also added 4 boxes of Borax (all I had). Thank you for the response so far, but y numbers are now so suspect (due to my timing) that I'll probably repost results once things have settled.
    25K IG Vinyl / Pump: HP Tristar SP3207EE (as opposed to the confusingly different SP3205X7) / Filter:Hayward S360T2 (prev. SuperFlow PF-50) / Heat:6-panel FAFCO Ceiling solar heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Good job !! We'll see what the numbers say later. They'll tell the story.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.