Intex 15x48 almost full! Ready to stabilize.

Jun 7, 2013
Hello TFP!
Without this site, my pool would still be boxed in the garage. I spent last week leveling my spot, yesterday buried concrete pavers for the legs, and she went up in a snap. It is currently filling and I am on my way to Wally World for my chemicals. I have a SWG waiting, and upon everyone's recommendation I returned the 1600 sand filter for the 2650 which will not be here until next week! So right now I have the stock filter hooked up, no SWG. So basically today and I am going to add bleach the get my FC up, 120 lbs of salt, and stabilizer. I am tapped this week so I am using my Walmart gift card to pick up a 5-way test until I get get TF-100. Is there anything else I am missing for today? Thanks again for all the great advice.

I did not see a case of beer on the list !!

All kidding aside looks like a plan to me. Keep us posted on how things are going. You are fine with your plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Put your stabilizer in a sock and hang over the return, check the pH and add your chlorine. :goodjob:

Don't forget to post pics! :mrgreen:

Hey GC-
Says water softener, stabilizer, and metals controller. It is HTH 3 in 1 startup for saltwater pools. I have been adding a pound in the sock. I will do a pound a day. Salt and bleach have been added. PH was 7.2, FC was 2. Gonna test again and add more bleach. First swim was awesome, pics to follow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks linen,
This stuff is 79% cya....bad stuff? I only put 16oz in. Will test cya in the morning. I could not seem to find-anything else at Walmart. Everything seemed to be labeled shock. Used pool calculator and got FC to 5 with bleach, PH 7.2....added120 lbs salt, will test that in the a.m. as well. First swim was awesome, the 3 year old was in heaven. Took pics but says there to large. Going to email them to myself and post. Thanks again TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.