My Husband the Pool Snob

poolmama67

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2012
Arkansas
I just have to tell this story. We went on our little mini vacation this past week. We stayed in a pretty nice hotel in Hot Springs. My husband went down to the pool area, which is indoors, because the smoking area was located just outside this area.

When he came back in the room, he said,"I'm not swimming in that water. It's cloudy and the chlorine smell is so strong! That water is nasty! I will wait until we get back home to swim." :-D

I said, "Hubby, you are now officially a BBB pool snob!" :cheers:

Then yesterday my brother-in-law calls because he has a green pool. I have previously explained the BBB process to him and also explained that shocking a pool is a process not a product. Well, I followed my directions for about 2 hours and that's it. Well needless to say, he still has a green pool. My husband tells him, "My wife can come over and clear that pool up for you with just bleach and your water can look like ours." :thequeen: :thequeen:

When I first found this site last year and used the same method again this year, my husband was a doubter. :hammer: Well now he is a BBB Believer!!!!! :party: :party:

Yep, so many people equate strong chlorine smell to clean pool water. Once you learn the truth though, you will always find yourself being critical of public pools.

I consider myself a pool snob since stumbling on this website. I went on vacation last year and refused to get in the hotel's pool or hot tub. They both had a strong smell of chlorine and were slightly cloudy. I tried to tell my friends not go in :rant: , but they said "The bleach smell means they are killing what is growing" :shock: . I tried to explain, but it went in one ear and out the other. :brickwall:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So if I use the Taylor thing that stirs the water in the test tube am a snob plus? Since we are in the pool only on the weekends here and it is covered all the time, I might go outside and test it every other day but it still takes me more than seven minutes a week!! Guess I need to get it together.....

Bob E.

Safetybob said:
So if I use the Taylor thing that stirs the water in the test tube am a snob plus? Since we are in the pool only on the weekends here and it is covered all the time, I might go outside and test it every other day but it still takes me more than seven minutes a week!! Guess I need to get it together.....

Bob E.
Don't kick yourself too bad...you'll get faster with time.

Take heart knowing that it would take longer than that just to get rang up at the pool store.

:jocolor:

Richard320 said:
Safetybob said:

Bob E.
Don't kick yourself too bad...you'll get faster with time.

Take heart knowing that it would take longer than that just to get rang up at the pool store.

:jocolor:

......and there's no need for pants either. :)

I prefer "Connoisseur" to snob, I feel the pool store guys are the snobs that think there way is "the" way.

Did vacation a week in Sanibel and DID swim in a very large crystal clear pool that only smelled of salt. Not sure if it was BBB or not, but at least they knew how to make clear water! Did make me not want to convert to SWG, even a little salt odor bothered me compared to my no-smell clear pool. :party:

I had to smile tonight when my wife came home from swimming at a friends and was worried about her suit. She stated that the water "smelled like chlorine and her eye's were burning big time". She asked if she should wash her suit before getting in the clean water at her parents house. :D

I went swimming in the pool at the Grand Californian at Disneyland. I know my pool at home was much cleaner than the one I swam in and I had not looked at it in a week. It smelled like chlorine, was slightly cloudy and didn't feel right. I swam because DD begged her daddy to swim with her. The pools at the DL hotel looked (and smelled) much better but I wasn't swimming there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.