Green tinted pool after shocking

Jun 30, 2013
I had an algae problem about a week ago. I did not have a good test kit but do now. My CYA was at 0 and with some very sunny days followed by a a lot of rain the pool turned green. I have been shocking for 3-4 days and brushing several times a day. I did start with powder shock which I am using bleach now.

The overnight drop test did not use up any chlorine. So I am guessing everything is cleared up but the pool is still tinted green and clouded. From reading the forums it seems I need sequestrate added. Not sure what to buy or how much to add.

Or should I let the FC fall and raise the PH a little first?

1) 21000 Gallons
2) Cartridge (It's older was thinking of replacing it)
3) AG
4) 1 1/2 HP

FC 15
CC .5
PH 7.2 (Before I shocked)
TA 100
CYA 20

Thank you,

Mike

Welcome to TFP!

Since your water is cloudy still, I don't believe that you are finished shocking. You must shock until your water is clear, your CC is 0.5 or less, and your FC holds to within 1 ppm or less of loss overnight.

What is your water source? Are you on a well? If your water is clear and sparkly, but still green, then we can start considering metals and look at sequestering them.

attobyte said:
Okay.

Water source is city\municipal water.

The FC did hold at 15 overnight and the CC have been .5 for several days.

I will keep it at shock level until it clears up.
Good plan... I know it seems odd given the oclt but you are doing the right thing.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.